Monday, March 24, 2008

Cravings!

And NO I am not pregnant!! LOL. It seems that ever since I have met my goal weight I am craving nothing but junky, high carb foods!! What in the world is wrong with me?? I really don't want to gain back the weight I lost... I worked too hard for it!! I just can't figure it out. I know that I am not supposed to ignore my cravings because they will get so bad that I will cave anyway and go completely overboard!! Ugh!!

I was REALLY bad today!! For lunch I was craving chow mien noodles so I went to Panda Express and got some. Did you know that Panda is the WORST place to eat for people who are dieting?? It is SO high in carbs and calories!! And to think when I used to eat there I would have my whole allowance for carbs and calories in ONE sitting. Horrible I tell ya... just HORRIBLE!! And just to top it off, for dinner I was craving pasta!! So I went and got rigatoni with marinara cream sauce from Presto Pasta... oh and you CAN'T forget the garlic bread!! Hello!! Another bad thing for someone who is watching calories and carbs!! But man oh MAN did it taste good!! Mmmm... Mmmm... Mmmm.

I will allow this to be my "free" day. NO more junky, high carb food for me this week!! I need to do better or I will for SURE gain the weight back!! I'm still trying to figure out why I'm craving all these things!! Grrr. Any thoughts or suggestions?!?!?

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm no expert, but from what i have read, the more carbs we eat, the more we want them (especially bad carbs). And sometimes we eat the wrong things...like if we are craving cheese and eat cheetos, we will still crave cheese because it wasn't real cheese that we ate...which leads to over eating or eating more junk. But Denise Austin (famous aerobic instructor) says we can eat bad 30% of the time and healthy the rest of the time. Sometimes when i eat really bad, i make sure I don't do that for many days following, and I excerise if I eat bad....but we should always excerise, i just don't regularly(shrug). Anyway, I'm not in great shape, so that's coming from a non expert!

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Hey Kit Kat! Just a thought that might help you. Lys's mom fights cravings by only having a little. Now I warn you if your cravings are all like the ones mentioned this could be an expensive fix. What her mom does is when she craves something for example, a cookie. She will take a bite and through the rest a way. What this does is satisfies your craving and you don't over eat the junk you don't want or need. Just a thought. Good luck. C ya.

Angel said...

They say that nothing tastes as good as thin feels... but I have to disagree... there are some VERY irrisistable foods out there, like Half Baked ice cream by Ben & Jerrys. Nummers!!

You look terrific! I think a free day now and then is absolutely deserved!! :o)